Can't request second trial key

Discussion in 'Licensing and activation' started by Jakob Struye, Nov 16, 2018.

1. While awaiting our institutional license, I've been playing around with the free trial. I registered 1 computer ID yesterday successfully, but today it's failing when trying to register a second one. It tells me that "We found an expired trial matching your information within the past year. You are eligible for only one trial per year.".
    Re-registering the first ID still works as intended. I'm also certain this email address wasn't used to request any trials before yesterday.
    As far as I can tell, I should be able to register a second and third ID within the 30 day trial window, but the website won't let me.
    It would be great if someone could check why this won't work.

Thanks!

2. Emo Todorov

Emo Todorov Administrator Staff Member

There was an overflow issue with serial numbers. Should be fixed now.

Actually the error message in your case could have another reason. Computer IDs are saved in our database. If someone else used a computer with the same hardware ID for a trial, the request will get rejected. This can happen if you are using cloud instances.

Note that institutional licenses have unlocked activation keys and do not involve computer IDs.

3. It was a cloud instance indeed, so I guess that's the issue.
    I'll stick with local machines until the institutional license comes through then. Thanks for the reply!